US Presidential Race

Politics, Religion, History. Keep it bright.

Moderator: Vincent

Re: US Presidential Race

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Equality under the law is a myth. It has never existed, nor will it ever exist, because equality is always a matter of perspective. To me, it's clear that equality under the law means that, if you can have sex with people of the same gender, you should also be allowed to have sex with a cow or pig. Maybe the person doing that was born that way wanting to have sex with pigs. The law (at least in Canada) doesn't care. You aren't allowed to do that even if you were born that way. Go ahead and kill the cow or pig and eat its dead body. That's fine. Just don't have sex with it because, well, ick. But don't dare say that about gays or you go to jail. Laws are a joke in the western world.
Reg
Regular

Politics: Liberal
Economics: Balanced Books
Religion: Agnostic
Marital: Single
Racism: Simplistic
Death Penalty: Doesn't work
Gun Control: Works
Gay Marriage: Let them
Food: No starch
Drink alcohol: Wine on occasion
Smoke Tobacco: Vile
Smoke Pot: Vile
Legalize Pot: Yes
Legalize Other Drugs: Let's try it
Nuclear Power: Yes
Ban Seal Hunting: No
Ban Whale Hunting: Yes
Ban Transfats: Yes
Home Schooling: Works
Assange/Manning/Snowden: Heroes
Abortion: Sad
Euthanasia: A human right
Free Speech: is usually inane
Aliens: Never met one
End of the World: Never

Postby Gunda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Reg wrote:Equality under the law is a myth. It has never existed, nor will it ever exist, because equality is always a matter of perspective. To me, it's clear that equality under the law means that, if you can have sex with people of the same gender, you should also be allowed to have sex with a cow or pig. Maybe the person doing that was born that way wanting to have sex with pigs. The law (at least in Canada) doesn't care. You aren't allowed to do that even if you were born that way. Go ahead and kill the cow or pig and eat its dead body. That's fine. Just don't have sex with it because, well, ick. But don't dare say that about gays or you go to jail. Laws are a joke in the western world.

This perverse logic of your example (having legal sex with people of the same gender justifies having sex with animals) would also mean, if it´s legal to kill a cow and pigs for their meat, leather etc. then it should also be legal to kill humans for the same purpose. :roll:

This principle of equality refers to apply the same rules on substantially equivalent cases and therefore only allows legal discrimination when it´s justified by a factual/objective reason. Therefore humans and animals don´t enjoy the same rights. Your perspective must be very sick, if you view having sex with humans and animals as substantially equivalent. Not that I am surprised, though, lol.
Last edited by Gunda on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus,
Gunda

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." (Helen Keller)

Gunda
Regular

Politics: Social Democrat
Economics: No bottom-up distrib
Religion: None
Racism: Stupid as misogyny
Feminism: Women are people too
Death Penalty: No
Gun Control: Yes
Gay Marriage: Yes
Food: Organic Farming
Smoke Tobacco: No
Smoke Pot: No
Legalize Pot: It depends
Legalize Other Drugs: It depends
Legalize Prostitution: No
Nuclear Power: No
Ban Seal Hunting: Legal for natives
Ban Whale Hunting: Legal for natives
Home Schooling: It depends
Assange/Manning/Snowden: Brave
Abortion: It depends
Euthanasia: Yes
Free Speech: No personal insults

Postby Gunda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:10 pm

AgeofGrace wrote:
Gunda wrote:You still don´t get the meaning of equal in that matter (gender equality that is), despite I probably explained it alone to you multiple times and I remember, even linking the definition served by different sources to you, assuming, it´s my bad english which makes it impossible for you to comprehend it. But I am patient, as I know to whom I talk to.

This just screams, “YOU ARE NOT MY EQUAL!”

Answer: Indeed. You aren´t my equal. You are an ignorant and oppressing idiot.

So let´s try a different attempt:

Yes, Em! Masta!

Do you know the concept of "Equality before the law"?

Yes, ma’am

Answer: Your answer below proved you don´t.

You actually should, as also the US practices this principle. Do you think some judge (or in case of the US, also the jury, needs to be able to see through the eye of the defendants heart in order to pass a verdict in line with that juridical principal?

They don’t “need” to but if they are about to pass judgement on their brother, they should because judgement is without mercy to those who show no mercy.

Answer: I agree to the latter, but for this you don´t need to believe in some (horror) fantasy, which your Devil aka "God" is. And if you allegedly know that principle, then believing that women are subordinant and hence not equal to men, is contradicting to that very principle.

Both principles of equality (gender equality as well as equality before the law) have pretty much in common. And neither of it requires the ability to see through the eye of ones heart. :wink:
I probably explained it alone to you multiple times but I too am patient and long suffering for your understanding.

So if I told you I was a gay Christian, you would probably praise me for my bravery. But because I say I have religion, apart from partaking in an abomination, you look down your nose at me. In this country Equality before the Law supports equality for those with faith along with gender and racial equality. You support a sinful lifestyle under the guise of Equality before the Law. You judge me without mercy because you don’t look upon me with spiritual eyes. Even others here do the same to you because they don’t even want to see you through spiritual eyes. Some actually like the entertaining aspect of it all while others like the feeling of superiority over you. They want to make a fool of you for their own pleasure. But because you are so intelligent in your own worldly eyes, you are blind.
I see you very differently.

Answer: Wrong. I don´t look down on you because you have a religion but because you justify oppression of a whole gender, homosexuals and people with different beliefs (religious or not). I know people who call themselves Christians, Jews, Buddhists - heck even a few Muslims - for which I have huge respect for. But none of them thinks like you it´s ok to oppress a whole gender or other groups which don´t harm anyone just because they love and take over responsibility for their same-gendered partner or follow a different belief (again, regardless if that belief is based on religion or not) than yourself. I also look down on you for considering killing as a "perfect" creation instead of admitting that it´s cruel. Yes, it´s indeed a perfect food chain as it works and helps decimating the amount of animals and hence a balanced environment. But this very same result could have been done vastly better by an allegedly good and omnipotent God. Fact is, it was nature who created meat-eating living things. Nature doesn´t know any concept of good or bad, though. But your God does. And that´s the difference which is also soooo ironic, as - if your God really exists - then it surely isn´t a good one but the Devil judged by how he created this world according your holy book of horror.

Equality before the Law or Equality in the eyes of the Law is not effective if you don’t Mark 12:31.

Answer: If you just would follow that law, you wouldn´t support that your female neighbour has less rights than your male neighbour and justifying that your non-religious neighbour and neighbour belonging to different sects than yours end up in hell according to your horror fantasy book even when they treated all people as equals.
Last edited by Gunda on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Servus,
Gunda

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." (Helen Keller)

Gunda
Regular

Politics: Social Democrat
Economics: No bottom-up distrib
Religion: None
Racism: Stupid as misogyny
Feminism: Women are people too
Death Penalty: No
Gun Control: Yes
Gay Marriage: Yes
Food: Organic Farming
Smoke Pot: No
Legalize Pot: It depends
Legalize Other Drugs: It depends
Ban Seal Hunting: Legal for natives
Ban Whale Hunting: Legal for natives
Home Schooling: It depends
Assange/Manning/Snowden: Brave
Abortion: It depends
Euthanasia: Yes
Free Speech: No personal insults

Postby ANTI-VENOM » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Reg wrote:Equality under the law is a myth. It has never existed, nor will it ever exist, because equality is always a matter of perspective.

Didn't you learn anything in Chemistry? Aren't you familiar with Le Chatelier's principle? Geez I can have this conversation with nickscafe but not some simple plug and play idiot like yourself. Dan set up a wireless network in a coffee shop so don't act like you have any IT special over everyone here. In fact you are at quite the disadvantage.

Do you see this Daniel, this is deplorable. This is a weakness he has to the LIBRA. All his touch and go and he thinks he is safe because the wheel never turns and The Full Zodiac never activates.

There are two sets of symbols. Have you ever been so hard wired they appeared to you blazing on an oscilloscope? Beyond more than trigonmetric function Reggie and driven harder by the differential engines of calculus. It is the physics math and chemistry no one could actually do!
JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS AND SUICIDE! WE DARE YOU!
ANTI-VENOM
Regular

Food: FRIENDS NOT FOOD
Aliens: WHAT???!!!!

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 am

Trump just cancelled his London trip and lied about the reasons. He says he's mad about a ten year old embassy deal that occurred under W but which he blamed on Obama. lol. The obvious truth is he's scared of the reaction he'll get.

On the other hand, he's taking huge heat for saying he doesn't want immigrants from "shithole countries". I have to say, I sympathize with him on this.
Reg
Regular

Postby AgeofGrace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:28 am

[quote="Gunda"]

Answer: Indeed. You aren´t my equal. You are an ignorant and oppressing idiot.

It is comments like this that confirm in me why your government refuses to entrust your people with Trial by Jury. And not because you spoke death and not life but because you judged without mercy, indicating you don’t understand or practice righteousness nor do you truly regard your neighbor as your equal.

Judgement is without mercy to those who show no mercy. Answer: I agree to the latter, but for this you don´t need to believe in some (horror) fantasy, which your Devil aka "God" is.

If you agree with this Scripture then you obviously know Who is going to judge without mercy those who show no mercy.

And if you allegedly know that principle, then believing that women are subordinant and hence not equal to men, is contradicting to that very principle.[/i]

I do not believe women are subordinate but I do believe they are deceptive because it was Eve that deceived Adam. And even tho we are reminded of that fact through the pain of child birth, women continue to use their craft to play the harlot and seduce men for material gain.

Answer: Wrong. I don´t look down on you because you have a religion but because you justify oppression of a whole gender, homosexuals and people with different beliefs (religious or not). I know people who call themselves Christians, Jews, Buddhists - heck even a few Muslims - for which I have huge respect for. But none of them thinks like you it´s ok to oppress a whole gender or other groups which don´t harm anyone just because they love and take over responsibility for their same-gendered partner or follow a different belief (again, regardless if that belief is based on religion or not) than yourself.

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I also look down on you for considering killing as a "perfect" creation instead of admitting that it´s cruel.

Cruel is killing for sport, which is an evil intent of man, not God.
Meat is for our strength and health. Acts 9:19 and 27:34

Yes, it´s indeed a perfect food chain as it works and helps decimating the amount of animals and hence a balanced environment. But this very same result could have been done vastly better by an allegedly good and omnipotent God.

If it’s perfect, as you so rightly described the food chain, how can it be made “vastly better?”

Fact is, it was nature who created meat-eating living things. Nature doesn´t know any concept of good or bad, though. But your God does.

Congratulations! When did you move from Atheism to Pantheism? When you realized you had to give glory to something because nothing made you look too idiotic. lol

And that´s the difference which is also soooo ironic, as - if your God really exists - then it surely isn´t a good one but the Devil judged by how he created this world according your holy book of horror.

I suppose you’ve stumped me since His Word tells me YOU were created in His image. :roll:

Answer: If you just would follow that law, you wouldn´t support that your female neighbour has less rights than your male neighbour and justifying that your non-religious neighbour and neighbour belonging to different sects than yours end up in hell according to your horror fantasy book even when they treated all people as equals.
You can’t say you treat ALL people as equals and call someone an oppressing idiot. It’s contradictory!
You really need to figure out who you want to be because right now you seem to be in a full on Jekyll/ Hyde funk over going to Hell.
AgeofGrace
Regular

Politics: Conservative
Economics: Get a job!
Religion: Christianity
Marital: Married
Racism: What racism?
Feminism: Not much!
Death Penalty: Child killers, yes!
Gun Control: To a degree, yes!
Gay Marriage: You know, I don't.
Food: Veggies over candy.
Drink alcohol: Only little wine.
Smoke Pot: Yes
Legalize Other Drugs: No
Ban Seal Hunting: Idk should I?
Home Schooling: If necessary
Assange/Manning/Snowden: Controversial
Abortion: Defund
Euthanasia: Wild boar, yes!
Free Speech: Trumps violence
Aliens: Illegal ones, yes!
End of the World: As we know it, yes!

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am

This "shithole" fiasco has some legs. A lot of people were offended. God only knows why. It's not unexpected from this guy. The basic idea of moving to a merit based immigration policy is sound, however vulgar the wording was. Canada has one and it works wonderfully well.
Reg
Regular

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Nickscafe wrote:Manning walked free today.

She's going to run for the Maryland senate, it seems. I'd vote for her if I lived there, just to piss Trump off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/transgende ... 53?cmp=rss

Reg
Regular

Postby AgeofGrace » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:05 am

Reg wrote:This "shithole" fiasco has some legs. A lot of people were offended. God only knows why. It's not unexpected from this guy. The basic idea of moving to a merit based immigration policy is sound, however vulgar the wording was. Canada has one and it works wonderfully well.
If he had been a black, liberal president he could have called it a “s*show” without backlash.
AgeofGrace
Regular

Drink alcohol: Only little wine.
Smoke Pot: Yes
Legalize Other Drugs: No
Ban Seal Hunting: Idk should I?
Home Schooling: If necessary
Assange/Manning/Snowden: Controversial
Abortion: Defund
Euthanasia: Wild boar, yes!
Free Speech: Trumps violence
Aliens: Illegal ones, yes!
End of the World: As we know it, yes!

Postby AgeofGrace » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 am

Reg wrote:
Nickscafe wrote:Manning walked free today.

She's going to run for the Maryland senate, it seems. I'd vote for her if I lived there, just to piss Trump off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/transgende ... 53?cmp=rss

If that’s the best Democrats can do, they will fail miserably at the mid-term elections.
AgeofGrace
Regular